Matcha Ice Lollies Recipe
OK, we know, summer is officially over, but it doesn't mean we can't enjoy a tasty ice treat. Especially when it involves our very favourite ingredient Matcha. I mean it's just tempting an Indian summer right?
Ingredients: (makes 4-6 ice lollies)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 small cup of matcha tea (espresso size)
- 4 tbsp of your favorite yogurt ( I used natural greek yogurt)
- 1 tbsp Agave nectar (honey, or your favorite syrup)
- Dark chocolate and few pistachio nuts for decorating
- Add the frozen bananas, matcha tea, yogurt and Agave nectar to your food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into ice lolly moulds and place into the freezer overnight to set.
- Place the chocolate into a heatproof bowl, sit over a pan of barely simmering water (a bain marie) and allow to melt, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat once melted and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Remove the ice lollies from the freezer and carefully remove from the moulds.
- Place the ice lollies on a cold tray or plate and decorate with the melted chocolate. Sprinkle over the chopped pistachios so they stick to the chocolate.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!