We can't think of a better ingredient to make pancakes out of. Yummy and healthy at the same time. These Matcha pancakes are so easy to make. We use our very own pods to make the Matcha and add to a basic pancake recipe.
(makes 4-6 pancakes)
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour (120ml)
- 1 tbsp Agave nectar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup of cooled matcha tea
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift the flour and stir in the baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture.
- Combine the egg, agave nectar, Matcha tea, and oil in the well of the dry mixture. Stir the wet and dry ingredients together just until moistened.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the tea pancake batter onto a hot, lightly greased pancake pan. Cook over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve your pancakes with fresh fruit, nuts and a drizzle of your favourite syrup.